In an effort to further protect our patients and staff, we are taking the following precautions at our office:
When you arrive in the office for your appointment:
- The door will remain locked and open only for patients that have been initially screened
- Careful Screening: All persons entering the office will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 by 1) being asked a series of screening questions and 2) their temperature will be taken before entering the office. If the patient's temperature is greater or equal to 100.4 degrees F (38 degrees C), that person will be denied entrance and asked to see their primary care physician.
- No additional family, friends, etc will be allowed to accompany the patient into the office
- *Exception: children and others requiring assistance - 1 single parent or accompanied guardian allowed
- We ask that you please wear cloth or medical MASKS when entering our office. A mask will be required for entry through the door.
- We will be implementing a *$50 “No Show Fee”* for no shows or cancellations if we are not notified at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
Safety and Sanitization Precautions:
- Physical/Social Distancing: 6+ feet separations will be maintained whenever possible during the encounter while in the office
- Regular Sanitation: All door handles, surfaces in exam rooms and common areas, restrooms, and medical equipment (as always) will be regularly sanitized after any contact. Surfaces will be wiped down with sanitizing mixture or at least 70% isopropyl alcohol or bleach wipes. Sanitizers are also being used rigorously on hands, surfaces, phones, computer keyboard/mouse etc between use.
- Hand Washing and Glove Use: All doctors and staff will be using gloves and will be washing hands in compliance with the CDC using warm water and anti-microbial soap before coming into contact with any patient.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): We have secured masks for all our team and are asking all persons in the office to wear a face-mask at all times. Patients that are coming in for care will be asked to please bring/wear a mask for entry into our office.
- *No Touch Delivery - Picking Up Eyewear and Contact Lenses*: We will be offering curbside pick up of all glasses, eyewear and contact lenses. We will pre-adjust glasses so that the frames are balanced and even. We are not offering customized fitting at this time (see below, Frame Adjustments). Please call the office when you arrive at the office to pick up your eyewear and a staff member will bring your eyewear or contact lenses to the front door.
Frame Selections, Adjustments, Repairs and Dispensing:
- Frame Selections - Reduced Touching: During selection of eyewear frames, only staff will be allowed to remove sanitized frames from the display. All frames will be sanitized before being replaced back onto the frame board. Opticians will hand the frame to the patient and patient will put them on. All frame selections and adjustments will be done with gloved hands.
- Sanitization of Frames: All frames that are tried on by patients will be put into the ultra-violet (UV-C) sanitizer tray and run for 1-2 minutes.
- Frame Adjustments: We will be postponing any eyewear/glasses adjustments at this time due to the close proximity and physical contact needed for that service.
- Frame Repairs: We can repair glasses that have been significantly bent or broken (if possible to fix).
Although there may be some changes to your normal visit to our office, we assure you that we are doing our best to follow all CDC, California Department of Public Health, California Optometric Association and local public health guidelines to keep our patients, staff and community safe without compromising our standard of excellence and quality during this time.
We ask that you all are mindful of the following precautions. We are all in this together. We look forward to SEEing you all soon!
Aloha Family Optometric Team